Wine Satiate (1) Searching Singles--Just the girls. Don’t be like Carrie and Miranda from Sex and the City stuck hating Valentine’s in a sea of balloons and pesky ribbons hunched over a make-shift table for two. Celebrate ladies! Start with making the invite list, read on and follow your instructions. Assemble at least four friends and have each lady bring a bottle of wine from the listing below and a bar of chocolate. The idea is to host a wine and chocolate pairing for all tastes, while keeping it simple, fun and cost efficient. Everything listed can be purchased locally if you plan ahead. Wines listed span a broad range of flavors from dry to sweet, white to red and bubbles to boot. You don’t need to spin your wheels of love, this event is guaranteed to make you fall in love. Diamonds are a girl’s best friend? Let’s try on chocolate and vino, see if the shoe fits!
· Kingsbury’s Fleur de Sel Dark Chocolate Covered Caramels $3.99 (2 caramels in a pack) pair with Hungarian Tokaji or Madeira (Royal Tokaji 5 Putonyos $38.99 or Blandy’s 5 year Bual Madeira $25.99). Pick up through your local wine shop.
· Trader Joe’s Pound Plus Bittersweet Bar with Almonds $4.99 and Tawny Port (Smith Woodhouse 10 year Tawny $38.99
· Coconut Macaroons (Heidelberg Pastry Shoppe) paired with Brachetto d’Acqui—sweet sparkling red from Piedmont Italy (Marenco Brachetto d’Acqui Pinetto $22.99 or Banfi Rosa Regale $19.99)
· Bag of Lindor Truffles paired with fruity, creamy Chardonnay (Alamos Chardonnay, Argentina $7.99 or Avery Quinn Chardonnay Central Coast, CA for $14.99)
· Artisan Confections Peanut Butter & Jelly Truffle $17 9 piece box paired with Terra Sparkling Malbec Mendoza, Argentina $22.99